I was privileged with the opportunity to guest on Selective Hearing’s latest Roundtable Discussion. It was a four part series recorded on a Sunday evening. For those of you who tuned in live to catch us recording the show, thanks a bunch for the support and discussions! – Dave
Tenkei – Twitter | basugasubakuhatsu | nandake
Boykun – Twitter | basugasubakuhatsu | nandake
Greg – Twitter | Selective Hearing
Hiro – Twitter | Selective Hearing
ToZ – Twitter | Selective Hearing
Dave – Twitter | New School Kaidan
Mandy – Twitter
Opening: Epik High – Wordkill
What do you feel defines a scandal?
- Are they major incidents or do minor infractions count as well?
- What mitigating factors result in something being called a scandal?
- Do you think the term is being overused?
Why do you think so many idols risk getting caught breaking the rules?
- Is it human nature to do so (i.e. puberty, sex drive, etc.)
- Are they rebelling against the corporate binds that tie them?
- Do you think that J-Pop idols should get the same slack that K-Pop idols get when it comes to dating and “relations”?
What are your thoughts on fan reactions to scandals?
- Are there too many over the top, OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING reactions?
- Does social media have a role in how people react to the news about their favorite idols getting into hot water?
- Have there been so many reactions that you just don’t give a damn anymore & want everyone to shut the fuck up?
Ending – Village People – Macho Man
Episode 5 of the audio version of the Selective Hearing roundtable brings together regulars Tenkei, Boykun, Hiro and Mandy along with Dave from New School Kaidan to discuss Maeda Atsuko getting drunk.
Opening – J-Kwon – Tipsy
Maeda Atsuko gets plastered
Was it too soon after her graduation to get liquored up?
Did she just party a little too hard?
Would you have carried her home?
- Would you have let Nakagawa carry a drunk as fuck Maeda on her back or be a man & carry her on your back instead?
- Thirdly, would you have roofied both of them & had your way? =P
Under your definition of a scandal, is this one?
Who do you think would win a drinking contest between Nakagawa, Oshima and Maeda & clearly explain why.
Ending – Willow Smith – Whip My Hair
Total Time: 36:31
Episode 6 of the audio version of the Selective Hearing roundtable brings together regulars Tenkei, Boykun, Hiro and Mandy along with Dave from New School Kaidan and Selective Hearing staff member ToZ to discuss PSY and his success in America.
Opening – PSY – Gangnam Style
PSY hits big worldwide
Are you genuinely happy for the guy?
If he hits #1 on Billboard do you think this gives Asian Pop its much needed street cred?
- In relation to that, how much gloating do you expect from the Hallyu wave supporters if this feat is accomplished?
- Will it make you want to choke a bitch?
Does PSY have staying power or will he be 1 and done overseas?
Can you do the Gangnam Style choreography? If not, do you hope the song pops up in one of the popular dance game series so you can practice?
Ending – GD & TOP – High High
Total Time: 25:29
Episode 7 of the audio version of the Selective Hearing roundtable brings together regulars Tenkei, Boykun, Hiro and Mandy along with Dave with New School Kaidan and Selective Hearing staff member ToZ to discuss AKB48′s Sugar Rush and some hypothetical thinking about idols.
Opening – AKB48 – Dear My Teacher
AKB48 featured in Disney movie Wreck-It-Ralph
Will you go to the movies to watch the 5 -7 minutes that AKB48’s music is featured in?
- Will you leave the theater shortly after their segment is over screaming “I got what I paid for!”
Are you expecting Sugar Rush to be Heavy Rotation part 2?
Do you think they will do the same promotion that Perfume did for Cars 2?
Hypothetical thinking: Idols in bed & other after hours questions
Of all the idols of age that you know of, who do you think would be a demon in the sack? Provide a clear explanation of why Any, or all examples of qualities that they possess can be used for your argument
Conversely, who do you think would be a disappointment?
Who do you see aging gracefully?
Who do you think has peaked early?
Of all the remaining single ladies remaining in idol land, who do you think will get married and / or preggers next?
Would you date an idol if you had the chance to help them break one off or just break the rules in general? If so, who would you consider good dating material? (other than your oshimen.)
Ending – Tom Jones – Sex Bomb
Total Time: 01:16:30
Selective Hearing Social Media
Latest posts by t3hDave (see all)
- Oshima Yuko and me part 2 - October 17, 2014
- Dave unboxes Nounen Rena 1st photobook Guri Guri Gurumi - September 16, 2014
- Hello! Base launches IndieGogo campaign for Hello! Party 4 - July 15, 2014